CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in MAMFE
HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER (ref: SWHP031219)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER.
Working locations: Mamfe Health District and part of Eyumojock and Kumba Health District, in Health Facilities and Communities.
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 5
Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, Communication)activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform patients and communities about DWB and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- For OCBA: Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching
- Internal DWB training on health messages will be provided
- Preferable previous experience (at least 2 years) in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Essential, English and local language.
- Competences: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to DWB Principles, Service Orientation
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER or else be submitted at Caritas – Diocese of Mamfe – P.O Box 120, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER addressed to Doctors Without Borders – HR Department.