Posted: 8 December, 2019
Job type: Full Time
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in MAMFE
MEDICINES DISPENSER (ref: SWDI031219)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a MEDICINES DISPENSER.
Working locations: Mamfe
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 3
To provide an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service of drugs according to medical prescriptions and DWB protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve the patient’s health conditions
- Dispensing medication to patients according to medical prescription, ensuring the medication is labeled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, expiry date, directions for use and additional required information and providing clear instructions and advice on how to take the drug, when, how long, how to store, possible side-effects and any other relevant warnings. Making sure the patient understands in order to ensure correct treatment.
- Adhering to DWB practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs and ensuring respect of confidentiality in dispensing
- Placing accurate and timely orders with the central stock, maintaining minimum stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions and ensuring no medicines or material are taken out of the dispensary without authorization
- Maintaining accurate dispensing records and regularly reporting them to his/her technical reference. Ensuring returned and out-of-date medication is safely removed to a well designated quarantine zone for unwanted pharmaceuticals, separated from the normal stock
- Organizing and keeping clean the dispensing area, ensuring cleanliness and care in handling medicines to avoid contamination and mix-up. Maintaining dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair.
- Maintaining the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored as appropriate. Reporting immediately to the technical reference on any problem arising in the service (especially loss, robbery, quality problems with medicines (abnormal changes in colour, consistency, and odour) damage of medical equipment or medicines).
- Carrying out Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE) and interacting with patient using a patient based approach to accompany chronic disease (HIV, TB, etc.) patients along their visits. Receiving patients, informing about treatment and adherence, giving appointment for the next drug delivery. Informing the medical doctor in case of lack of adherence and identifying the reasons and finding solutions to improve adherence.
- Understanding, recording and informing on any complaint received from patients related to medicine use or side effects.
- Paramedical background.
- Working experience of at least 6 months is essential
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- ssential, English and local language.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet). Able to learn and use software used for recording.
- Competences: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to DWB Principles, Service Orientation, Stress Management
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: MEDICINES DISPENSER or else be submitted at Caritas – Diocese of Mamfe – P.O Box 1201, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment MEDICINES DISPENSER addressed to Doctors Without Borders – HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 12th December 2019
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications.